skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- First woman partner in her firm. Established a nationwide reputation as a go-to specialist in high-profile, complex federal litigation.
- Highly successful first woman Mayor of Columbus, GA, the second largest city in GA and a minority-majority community of 200,000 people.
- Resoundingly elected in a competitive field with 68% of the vote. Re-elected with 63%.
- Named six times to the “100 Most Influential Georgians” list.
- As Mayor, led Columbus to be rated one of the 25 Best Run Cities in America, reduced crime by 42%, dramatically reduced the unemployment rate, reversed blight, reduced homelessness and improved quality of life.
- Worked with five commanding Generals and maintains a National Security Secret Clearance from the Department of Defense due to her position as Public Safety Director and Head of Homeland Security.
- Led the effort that saved her alma mater, Sweet Briar College. Helped raise $28.5 million dollars in 110 days, served on the college’s new Board and was elected the Board’s new Chair, where she led the college through reform and restructure. Today, the college thrives.