skip to Main Content
Back To Top
A Top Attorney
- First woman partner in her firm.
- Established a nationwide reputation as a go-to specialist in high-profile, complex federal litigation.
Leading with Excellence
- Highly successful first woman Mayor of Columbus, Georgia, the second largest city in Georgia and a minority-majority community of 200,000 people.
- Resoundingly elected in a competitive field with 68% of the vote. Re-elected with 63%.
- Named six times to the “100 Most Influential Georgians” list.
- As Mayor, led Columbus to be rated one of the 25 Best Run Cities in America, reduced crime by 42%, dramatically reduced the unemployment rate, reversed blight, reduced homelessness and improved quality of life.
- Worked with five commanding Generals and maintains a National Security Secret Clearance from the Department of Defense due to her position as Public Safety Director and Head of Homeland Security.
Success Against the Odds
- Led the effort that saved her alma mater, Sweet Briar College
- Helped raise $28.5 million dollars in 110 days
- Served on the college’s new Board and was elected the Board’s new Chair, where she led the college through reform and restructure. Today, the college thrives.